75 replies to this topic

#1 bhansensfd

bhansensfd

Member - Jack

• Members
  • 286 posts
  • LocationCT

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:21 PM

Anyone fishing this week. Planning on heading up from Connecticut. I know it is a bit late in the season to hit the river and the water isnt prime but just finished our negotiations (that lasted 2 and 1/2 years) for a contract for Stratford Professional Firefighters and I need some relaxation fishing. Hopefully I can find some fish in the river. If anyone will be around fishing let me know. Would be nice to put some faces to the names.
Bill Hansen

#2 bhansensfd

bhansensfd

Member - Jack

• Members
  • 286 posts
  • LocationCT

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:38 PM

With the water up and down and lack of reports I guess I will have to go Striper fishing and fish local rivers here in CT. Oh well, maybe this fall I'll make it up there.

Tight Lines
Bill Hansen

#3 troyp

troyp

Junior Member - Smolt

• Members
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:35 AM

I may head up next wkd 11th. Oh wait, there are no more steel in the river after May 1st I forgot ;) shhhh.

#4 bhansensfd

bhansensfd

Member - Jack

• Members
  • 286 posts
  • LocationCT

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:59 AM

I may head up next wkd 11th. Oh wait, there are no more steel in the river after May 1st I forgot ;) shhhh.

Seems there are a couple guides catching them today and posting photos on Facebook so there must still be some around.
Bill Hansen

#5 troyp

troyp

Junior Member - Smolt

• Members
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:53 AM

It's great everyone thinks they are gone...two weeks ago there were hundreds still at the hatchery. They make their way down slowly. I go til mid May. Some guys still fish til June 15th.

#6 Goat Ball

Goat Ball

Veteran Member - Metal Maestro AKA MR AWESOME

• Members
  • 2,065 posts
  • LocationFulton NY

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:16 AM

this thread is a classic example of people looking for reports to make the trip up. lol so if you don't think reports increase fishing pressure, you are out of your mind

Edited by Mr Awesome, 02 May 2012 - 09:17 AM.

More fishin less drama

#7 JeffL

JeffL

Old Rum Drinkin Demon

• Members
  • 6,353 posts
  • LocationMangrove Valley

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:30 AM

Stripers taste better than drop backs...
JOIN LOTAC- Non Profit Group: Dedicating to preserving the Lake Ontario Tributaries- www.lotac.org - Join or Donate Today!

ALL GOOD THINGS IN ALL GOOD TIME

#8 bandrus1

bandrus1

Senior Member - Adult King

• Members
  • 2,380 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:34 AM

this thread is a classic example of people looking for reports to make the trip up. lol so if you don't think reports increase fishing pressure, you are out of your mind

that is for sure

although I dont blame them... I wouldnt want to drive from CT if the fish are gone

#9 Goat Ball

Goat Ball

• Members
  • 2,065 posts
  • LocationFulton NY

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:38 AM

before the internets those who lived far away had to make that decision. Hence less crowds. it is what it is.
More fishin less drama

#10 Pinnin Nimrod

Pinnin Nimrod

• Members
  • 969 posts
  • LocationNE PA

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:45 AM

before the internets those who lived far away had to make that decision. Hence less crowds. it is what it is.

So it's all al gore's fault.
www.nimrodstackle.com Custom Steelhead Jigs made to your WAY! Available materials: Marabou, Hackle, Buck Tail, Kip (Calf) Tail, Duck Flank and Squirrel Tail.

We now sell many popular painted/unpainted jig heads includung: ball no collar, barbed collar, minnow head raised and eye socket, shad darts and tube jigs. We now stock jig tying material too!!!

#11 bandrus1

bandrus1

• Members
  • 2,380 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:47 AM

and before fishing rods we used nets and spears

#12 Goat Ball

Goat Ball

• Members
  • 2,065 posts
  • LocationFulton NY

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:53 AM

yes we did but I am not old enough to remember that
More fishin less drama

#13 Goat Ball

Goat Ball

• Members
  • 2,065 posts
  • LocationFulton NY

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:57 AM

BTW, I am not hating the player, I am hating the game.
More fishin less drama

#14 Linescreamer

Linescreamer

Senior Member - Adult King *RIVER SPONSOR*

• Members
  • 4,829 posts
  • LocationWarren, NJ

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:03 AM

For Sure, for sure. Anyone with half a brain that has been around more than 5 or 6 years has smartened up. Keeping a newbees under control and the money grubbers is all we need to do at this point.

#15 Linescreamer

Linescreamer

• Members
  • 4,829 posts
  • LocationWarren, NJ

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:05 AM

So it's all al gore's fault.

I hope you don't believe that. Gore is nothing more then an overinflated windbag marketer.

#16 Linescreamer

Linescreamer

• Members
  • 4,829 posts
  • LocationWarren, NJ

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:09 AM

"and before fishing rods we used nets and spears"

And with the internet spoonfeeding even a caveman can do it. I think there are a large number of guys that are pissed that they can't catch fish easily (as described on this board) so they leave their garbage all over the river. :mad:

Edited by Linescreamer, 02 May 2012 - 10:10 AM.

#17 Pinnin Nimrod

Pinnin Nimrod

• Members
  • 969 posts
  • LocationNE PA

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:12 AM

I hope you don't believe that. Gore is nothing more then an overinflated windbag marketer.

He didn't??? :kickcan: i consider all politicians overinflated wind bags...
www.nimrodstackle.com Custom Steelhead Jigs made to your WAY! Available materials: Marabou, Hackle, Buck Tail, Kip (Calf) Tail, Duck Flank and Squirrel Tail.

We now sell many popular painted/unpainted jig heads includung: ball no collar, barbed collar, minnow head raised and eye socket, shad darts and tube jigs. We now stock jig tying material too!!!

#18 bandrus1

bandrus1

• Members
  • 2,380 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:15 AM

I hope you don't believe that.

really?

#19 Linescreamer

Linescreamer

• Members
  • 4,829 posts
  • LocationWarren, NJ

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:27 AM

Al Gore did not invent the internet. Don't beleive everything you read. Then again, that might be difficult, because you work in a Library....if I remember correctly. :)

#20 JeffL

JeffL

Old Rum Drinkin Demon

• Members
  • 6,353 posts
  • LocationMangrove Valley

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:31 AM

Al Gore did not invent the internet. Don't beleive everything you read. Then again, that might be difficult, because you work in a Library....if I remember correctly. :)

His claim was that he supported and I think wrote legislation that allowed the development of the internet and it use going from Military to Civilian. So he says he helped create the internet. Maybe Facilitated its expansion at best...
JOIN LOTAC- Non Profit Group: Dedicating to preserving the Lake Ontario Tributaries- www.lotac.org - Join or Donate Today!

ALL GOOD THINGS IN ALL GOOD TIME

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users