75 replies to this topic

#21 Pinnin Nimrod

Pinnin Nimrod

Senior Member - Adult King

• Members
  • 957 posts
  • LocationNE PA

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:37 AM

His claim was that he supported and I think wrote legislation that allowed the development of the internet and it use going from Military to Civilian. So he says he helped create the internet. Maybe Facilitated its expansion at best...

That is your interpretation... His quote is: "I took the initiative in creating the internet."
www.nimrodstackle.com Custom Steelhead Jigs made to your WAY! Available materials: Marabou, Hackle, Buck Tail, Kip (Calf) Tail, Duck Flank and Squirrel Tail.

We now sell many popular painted/unpainted jig heads includung: ball no collar, barbed collar, minnow head raised and eye socket, shad darts and tube jigs. We now stock jig tying material too!!!

#22 JeffL

JeffL

Old Rum Drinkin Demon

• Members
  • 6,336 posts
  • LocationMangrove Valley

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:41 AM

That is your interpretation... His quote is: "I took the initiative in creating the internet."

http://www.snopes.com/quotes/internet.asp
JOIN LOTAC- Non Profit Group: Dedicating to preserving the Lake Ontario Tributaries- www.lotac.org - Join or Donate Today!

ALL GOOD THINGS IN ALL GOOD TIME

#23 Goat Ball

Goat Ball

Veteran Member - Metal Maestro AKA MR AWESOME

• Members
  • 2,062 posts
  • LocationFulton NY

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:44 AM

my apologies for taking this thread to a discussion on who invented the internet
More fishin less drama

#24 reelinsteel

reelinsteel

• Members
  • 1,806 posts
  • LocationWatertown,NY

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:17 PM

I thought **** Cheney invented George Bush.
Sometimes nothin' is a pretty cool hand.

#25 NHBowHunter

NHBowHunter

• Members
  • 1,491 posts
  • LocationAndover, MA

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:50 PM

The guy just asked if anyone was going and it would be nice to put faces with the names. No wonder it's the same people here daily. Like a ladies convention for crying out loud. Anyone can make a call or find out if fish are in the river through FB, Twitter, here and a ton of other sites. Reports on fishing don't start and end with SC. Geez. Not like he asked to be spoon fed, your favorite spot, what they hittin' on or anything else. Seemed like a very genuine and simple question to me. Then again, I don't get my panties in a bunch over a few skinny fish left in the river. Hit the salt buddy....a schoolie will fight harder than dragging in one of those wet towels now anyway.
Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard!

#26 JeffL

JeffL

Old Rum Drinkin Demon

• Members
  • 6,336 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 02:44 PM

The guy just asked if anyone was going and it would be nice to put faces with the names. No wonder it's the same people here daily. Like a ladies convention for crying out loud. Anyone can make a call or find out if fish are in the river through FB, Twitter, here and a ton of other sites. Reports on fishing don't start and end with SC. Geez. Not like he asked to be spoon fed, your favorite spot, what they hittin' on or anything else. Seemed like a very genuine and simple question to me. Then again, I don't get my panties in a bunch over a few skinny fish left in the river. Hit the salt buddy....a schoolie will fight harder than dragging in one of those wet towels now anyway.

Fish were actually quite strong this past weekend with lots of jumps and good pulls....
JOIN LOTAC- Non Profit Group: Dedicating to preserving the Lake Ontario Tributaries- www.lotac.org - Join or Donate Today!

#27 NHBowHunter

NHBowHunter

• Members
  • 1,491 posts
  • LocationAndover, MA

Posted 02 May 2012 - 03:02 PM

Fish were actually quite strong this past weekend with lots of jumps and good pulls....

Hey Jeff...what's up man? That's all good but really wasn't my main point. Seems to me the guy is getting flamed for no reason. One of the things I hate about this site to be honest. Like I said, anyone with a computer and phone can find a report and for those complaining....just get over it. At $4 a gallon, I don't blame the guy even if he was looking for information. How many people wanna burn a few hundred in gas when you can save it or just ask a question?? Seems reasonable to me. Everyone on here has at one point or another benefitted from a phone call, PM, or report so to complain about it especially in the context the guy first posted in, is just ridiculous. That's my opinion. On another note, glad you got into some players! Take care.

#28 troutbum21

troutbum21

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:06 PM

With the water up and down and lack of reports I guess I will have to go Striper fishing and fish local rivers here in CT. Oh well, maybe this fall I'll make it up there.

Tight Lines

Take the gas money that you will save by not going up to the Salmon River and book a charter for Stripers in the Sound. I hear the action has been very good with some nice cows being taken.
Carve your name. Carve your name in ice and wind. Search for where. Search for where the rivers end or where the rivers start.

Do everything thats in you that you feel to be your part. But never give your love, my friend. Unto a foolish heart, unto a foolish heart.

#29 Goat Ball

Goat Ball

• Members
  • 2,062 posts
  • LocationFulton NY

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:37 PM

Hey Jeff...what's up man? That's all good but really wasn't my main point. Seems to me the guy is getting flamed for no reason. One of the things I hate about this site to be honest. Like I said, anyone with a computer and phone can find a report and for those complaining....just get over it. At $4 a gallon, I don't blame the guy even if he was looking for information. How many people wanna burn a few hundred in gas when you can save it or just ask a question?? Seems reasonable to me. Everyone on here has at one point or another benefitted from a phone call, PM, or report so to complain about it especially in the context the guy first posted in, is just ridiculous. That's my opinion. On another note, glad you got into some players! Take care.

I just pointed out an observation, cool your jets bro. lol
More fishin less drama

#30 NHBowHunter

NHBowHunter

• Members
  • 1,491 posts
  • LocationAndover, MA

Posted 03 May 2012 - 08:50 AM

I just pointed out an observation, cool your jets bro. lol

Exactly my point....jets are always cool bro.

#31 Senor Snagger

Senor Snagger

• Members
  • 1,615 posts
  • LocationAwesomeville, NJ

Posted 03 May 2012 - 08:57 AM

For Sure, for sure. Anyone with half a brain that has been around more than 5 or 6 years has smartened up. Keeping a newbees under control and the money grubbers is all we need to do at this point.

And guides....and lodges....and facebook....and cell phones....and the DSR Website.....and chat boards....and more guides......etc.

My point being that if you think stopping a guy from posting a report on Salmon Crazy will stem any sort of tide you are not listening to your other half a brain.

How many guys do you think really make their decisions to drive up based on a Salmon Crazy report?

Is it really a big secret when salmon and steelhead come into the river? Hint: It's not June-August

If you really want to do the right thing, send the guy a PM and help him out thereby giving out some good Karma and maybe preventing 3 people from going fishing this weekend.

Edited by senorsnagger, 03 May 2012 - 09:26 AM.

FOUNDING MEMBER OF POST!

#32 reelinsteel

reelinsteel

• Members
  • 1,806 posts
  • LocationWatertown,NY

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:04 AM

this thread is a classic example of people looking for reports to make the trip up. lol so if you don't think reports increase fishing pressure, you are out of your mind

Did you even read his original post? He is asking if anyone is going to be fishing. He didn't ask if there are still fish in the river, or where they are or what they are hitting on. Asking if anyone will be around so he can put a face with a name. How is this a "Classic Example" of people looking for reports to make the trip?

#33 NHBowHunter

NHBowHunter

• Members
  • 1,491 posts
  • LocationAndover, MA

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:05 AM

And guides....and lodges....and facebook....and cell phones....and the DSR Website.....and chat boards....and more guides......etc.

My point being that if you think stopping a guy from posting a report on Salmon Crazy will stem any sort of tide you are not listening to your other half a brain.

How many guys do you think really make their decisions to drive up based on a Salmon Crazy report? I for one book my dates a year in advance and am going there come hell or high water.

If you really want to do the right thing, send the guy a PM and help him out thereby giving out some good Karma and maybe preventing 3 people from going fishing this weekend.

Exactly right Senor.....too many people are high up on the horse looking down.

#34 reelinsteel

reelinsteel

• Members
  • 1,806 posts
  • LocationWatertown,NY

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:11 AM

Anyone fishing this week. Planning on heading up from Connecticut. I know it is a bit late in the season to hit the river and the water isnt prime but just finished our negotiations (that lasted 2 and 1/2 years) for a contract for Stratford Professional Firefighters and I need some relaxation fishing. Hopefully I can find some fish in the river. If anyone will be around fishing let me know. Would be nice to put some faces to the names.

Here is his original post- Bill the Firefighter sure has a lot of nerve asking these probing questions.

#35 Goat Ball

Goat Ball

• Members
  • 2,062 posts
  • LocationFulton NY

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:16 AM

look,

I am not going to get into a pissing match here, I did say I don't hate the player, meaning the original poster. I am just hating the game right now. Peace!
More fishin less drama

#36 JeffL

JeffL

Old Rum Drinkin Demon

• Members
  • 6,336 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:22 AM

I peed for 10 minutes straight the other day... felt soooo good

#37 Goat Ball

Goat Ball

• Members
  • 2,062 posts
  • LocationFulton NY

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:24 AM

I peed for 10 minutes straight the other day... felt soooo good

I can't compete with that, you win
More fishin less drama

#38 Linescreamer

Linescreamer

Senior Member - Adult King *RIVER SPONSOR*

• Members
  • 4,509 posts
  • LocationWarren, NJ

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:28 AM

How many guys do you think really make their decisions to drive up based on a Salmon Crazy report? Is it really a big secret when salmon and steelhead come into the river?
I for one book my dates a year in advance and am going there come hell or high water.

There you go again. Laying out your thoughts and proving my point. :) Hopefully you can still learn and grow.

#39 Vanjoe

Vanjoe

Junior Member - Smolt

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:35 AM

Hey Bill , I'm going up today. If you change plans and do want to SR fish , pm me and I'll pm my number. I will be on the SR for a day or 2 then nearby fishing Brook trout. So I can meet up anytime between May 4 and 10. You might be welcome to go fish pretty little brookies with me. Couple of them make for a nice camping meal and a full moon on Sunday makes for nice camping. I even have an extra tent. Now there is some good relaxing from the job......
Sorry to have not seen this sooner,I've been overwhelmed trying to get up there since Monday.

sorry to interrupt, I now return you to the show you had been reading here....... "Bickering Ole Ladies of SC ".

#40 bandrus1

bandrus1

• Members
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:01 AM

Al Gore did not invent the internet. Don't beleive everything you read. Then again, that might be difficult, because you work in a Library....if I remember correctly. :)

I said really because you couldnt sense that the pinn was joking

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users